Custom Search

Monday, December 17, 2007

Reds set for Ji-sung spark

Ji-sung Park is ready to play a part in United’s title charge when his injury nightmare finally ends in the coming weeks.

The Korean star is poised to return to action during the busy festive period after almost nine months out with a knee injury, and he has set his sights on adding to his tally of seven goals for the Reds.

"My knee is fine,” he told ManUtd.kr. “It feels good and I don’t have any fear of pain. I have joined first-team training again and suffered no reaction.

“I am aiming to score when I return. If I score in my first two or three games back, I will gain confidence.

“Hopefully I can help the team as much as I can until the end of the season and we can win the title."

The 26-year-old winger suffered cruciate ligament damage against Blackburn in March and was forced to watch from the sidelines as the Reds reclaimed the Premier League crown in style.

Despite his excellent progress in recent weeks, Park knows he must not rush his comeback from such a serious injury.

“It will be up to the coaching staff and medical team when I return,” he said. “I’ve been out for eight months so I don’t want to rush back – I need time to get used to playing again.

“It has been frustrating to be injured for so long, but I’m looking forward to playing again and producing good performances.”

No comments: