Custom Search

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Evans relieved by Berba coup

Jonny Evans is delighted that United managed to prise Dimitar Berbatov away from Tottenham, as he has sampled the Bulgarian's skills first-hand.

The 20-year-old defender came up against Berbatov when on loan at Sunderland last season. Although the striker didn't score in his side's 2-0 victory, Evans recalls being run ragged throughout.

"I could not wait for half-time to come as Berbatov was outstanding," he told Sky Sports News. "He is someone who can make a difference to a game. Berbatov has a great touch for a big man and is a very good player."

Evans, who will remain at United as defensive cover this season, is delighted to be alongside Berbatov rather than against him - although he admits his day-to-day job will undoubtedly become more difficult.

"I am just glad he is now at United," he admitted. "On the other hand I know I will have to be at my best in training!"

No comments: