Custom Search

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What Sir Alex talked about Spur match

Ferguson said: 'At the time they protested so much I thought it was a penalty, but when I've seen it (it was not) and Wes has said it has hit him on the chest. It does hit him on the chest, I'm sure of that.'

Asked for his thoughts on the game, he added: 'Narrow margin, touch and go, nothing to choose between two sides.

'I knew it was going to be almost a war of attrition in the second half.

'They dug in and got forward a bit. There was really nothing in it in the second half.

'(With the goal) I think Carlos Tevez touching the ball decided it.'

Ferguson admitted his relief at finally claiming the first victory of the season.

'I thought we lacked a little bit of confidence. Players are anxious, there is a lot of expectation here, there are new players here,' he said.

'It was a reasonable performance from us. What was required was to dig in, show great commitment.

'Tottenham are in the wrong position just as ourselves. The expectation level for both sides is very high.'

No comments: