Custom Search

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Neville close to comeback

United skipper Gary Neville doubts he will return from injury in time for Saturday's trip to Everton, but has his eye on a comeback in the near future.

The veteran defender has been out of action since damaging ankle ligaments in March, and subsequently suffering a thigh strain in training last month.

United's club captain told MUTV: "I probably did a bit too much, I was a bit over-excited getting back and I just felt my thigh a little bit. It's frustrating.

"Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be back and I hope to be playing games in the next couple of weeks definitely.

"Because I've been out for such a long time I think the Everton game is going to be too soon, I think it will probably be after that."

Wes Brown is likely to deputise at right-back in Neville's continued absence as United make the trip to Goodison Park.

Should Neville's comeback go according to schedule, he may return in time for Chelsea's visit to Old Trafford on September 23.

No comments: