Custom Search

Friday, October 19, 2007

Giggs benefits from break

While the majority of his team-mates have been on international duty since United's win over Wigan, Ryan Giggs goes into this weekend's trip to Aston Villa with some valuable rest under his belt.

The 33-year-old former Welsh skipper, who retired from international football earlier this year, has been training at Carrington for the last fortnight.

Giggs claims that he is already begin to reap dividends from his decision to call time on his international career.

“It was a big decision," Giggs told MUTV.

"I said at the time I hoped it would prolong my United career and even though I’ve only missed a couple of internationals, I feel I’ve benefited already.

"I’ve done really good training this week and during the last international break as well so hopefully it will prolong my career. I’m feeling the benefits, definitely."

No comments: