Custom Search

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Giggs extends Reds deal

Manchester United is pleased to announce that Ryan Giggs has today extended his contract for a further season until the end of June 2009.

Ryan has 18 major titles to his name including 9 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and 1 European Cup. He made his United debut at Old Trafford on 2nd March 1991 against Everton and has played 727 matches to date - making him second only to Sir Bobby Charlton (759) in most appearances for the Club - and scored 141 goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “I am absolutely delighted that Ryan has signed for a further season. Ryan Giggs epitomises the word loyalty, he signed here as a 14-year old school boy and is still with the club 20 years on. Apart from his playing ability he has a fantastic demeanour and is a great role model to the younger players. I am sure he will be at the Club for a long time to come.”

Ryan Giggs said: “I am delighted to have signed for a further season. I am enjoying football more than ever and I hope to carry on playing football for Manchester United for as long as I can. I would like to thank Sir Alex, the fans and everyone at the Club for the great support I have received over the years.”

No comments: