Custom Search

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Anderson aims to prove point

After the relatively unsuccessful United careers of Kleberson, Diego Forlan and Juan Veron, Brazilian midfielder Anderson is intent on proving that South Americans can flourish at Old Trafford.

The 19-year-old midfielder has enjoyed a highly promising start to life in Manchester, and he is keen to buck the trend of previous South American imports who struggled to settle into United's style of play.

“I know the stories about the problems of the South Americans at Manchester United, but I believe that this season Carlos Tevez and I will break those,” Anderson is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail.

“A Brazilian should be able to triumph in any club in the world, including this one, so I won’t make any excuses.

“I just want the chance to show my quality. I am Anderson, not Veron or Kleberson – this is the difference. Perhaps I have arrived with more ambition than those two did.

“I am happy with the way my stay in England has gone so far. The advice I have had from the manager has just been to work hard and wait for my chance.”

Anderson was one of United's outstanding performers in last weekend's draw at Arsenal, during which Gunners midfielder Cesc Fabregas accused the Brazilian of feigning injury.

"I am young but I am very pure on the field," Anderson protested. "I do not try to trick people with my actions or practice any theatre.

“The theatre is for actors, I am a footballer and I just want to play. I saw the comments of the manager and I would rather concentrate on those.

“That makes me very happy because those words are coming from one of the best coaches in the world.”

No comments: