Custom Search

Monday, November 19, 2007

O'Shea closes on new deal

Reds defender John O'Shea is hopeful of signing a new contract that will keep him at Old Trafford for the rest of his career.

The versatile Irishman has become an important member of the United squad and he looks set to be rewarded with an extended contract.

"I have this season and the next on my current contract, but I am very close to signing a new deal that will keep me at United into my 30s," he was quoted as saying in the Sunday Mirror.

The 26-year-old has made 13 appearances for the Reds this term, and his value to United is evident in the variety of positions he has taken up in defence and midfield.

"It is something I want to do," he said of the prospective deal. "I want to stay here, everything is good and this is where I want to be. I have never looked to go elsewhere."

No comments: