Custom Search

Friday, November 9, 2007

Owen enjoys OT experience

Owen Hargreaves may have graced some of the finest venues in world football with Bayern Munich and England, but he was taken aback when he sat and savoured the Old Trafford experience.

Having been substituted against Middlesbrough last month, the 26-year-old midfielder sampled life as a spectator - a rare occasion he actually enjoyed.

Owen told United Radio: "I've been very fortunate to play in some fabulous places. I've played in two World Cups, a European championship, a Champions League final… it's very difficult to compare those experiences.

"I used to play in front of 70,000 people for Bayern Munich. But I will say that I actually enjoyed watching the last 30 minutes against Middlesbrough after I'd come off.

"I leaned over to Giggsy and said 'you must be so happy to have played here for your whole career'. I think Old Trafford helps you feel very strong and it's great to be a part of it."

Hargreaves will hope to be back in action at Old Trafford this weekend as the Reds resume Premier League duties against Blackburn Rovers. He was rested in midweek for the 4-0 win over Dynamo Kyiv, the test of Mark Hughes' strong side will suit his combative qualities.

No comments: