Custom Search

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ronny: We've got what it takes

Cristiano Ronaldo feels that, having won all their Champions League fixtures so far this season, United are showing that they have the wherewithal to win the competition for a third time.

On Tuesday evening, the Portuguese winger hit an injury-time winner against Sporting Lisbon to give United 15 points from their opening five Group F games, and Ronaldo is already relishing next year's second round matches.

"It's fantastic, I think we're in a good way," he told MUTV. "We've won all our games and we're playing well. We play the way we like to see Manchester play and in the second round I hope we do the same job. I think we have the team, group and coaches, everything to win the Champions League."

Having deliberately failed to celebrate his winner on Matchday 1 against former side Sporting, Ronaldo couldn't let his dramatic free-kick go without recognition at Old Trafford.

"Anderson caught me and told me to do something for my mum, my family and I said ok," he said. "But my conscience is still the same and the people will understand.

"I always try to score, and I am happy to score again - but not just because it's Sporting. I said before, the people of Sporting respect me and I respect Sporting, but my colours now are red and I feel that's for good."

No comments: