Custom Search

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tomasz holds his hands up

Tomasz Kuszczak has admitted culpability for Sporting Lisbon's goal in Tuesday's Champions League clash at Old Trafford.

Sporting defender Abel put the visitors ahead with a speculative shot from long range which flew inside Kuszczak's near post, and the Pole admits he thanked Cristiano Ronaldo for sparing his blushes with United's late winner.

"I'm happy we won the game, that was the most important thing and it helps me feel better after my mistake," Tomasz told MUTV. "I ran to Ronaldo after the game. I was happy for him and especially for me because we won.

"It was my first mistake at Manchester United and I hope it's the last one. Sometimes things happen which you don't expect but that's football."

Despite being Sir Alex Ferguson's second-choice goalkeeper, Kuszczak has appeared in four of the Reds' first five Champions League games this season, and he is relishing the experience.

"We have won all five games and I have played in about three and a half," he said. "It's a great experience for me.

"It was an interesting game tonight because after losing the first half, we had to push ourselves to win the game."

No comments: