Custom Search

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Vida extends contract

Nemanja Vidic has committed his future to Manchester United after signing a two year extension to his current contract with the Barclays Premier League champions.

On signing the new deal, United Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson said: “Nemanja has made a terrific impact at the Club and has forged a partnership with Rio Ferdinand that was a major part in us winning the title last year.

He is an extremely popular member of the squad both with staff and fans alike. It’s great news that he wants to be part of this exciting side for years to come.”

Nemanja Vidic said: “Playing in this team is a great privilege. This is such a great club, I am delighted to be able to extend my stay here. The fans and everyone at the club have been very special to me. I hope I can do my bit to bring the club even more trophies in the years ahead.”

Vidic, 26, signed for United in January 2006 from Spartak Moscow and has made 69 appearances, scoring five goals.

No comments: