Custom Search

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hargreaves: I'm fully fit

Owen Hargreaves is determined to play in every game until the end of the season.

The summer signing from Bayern Munich has been in and out of Sir Alex’s side since his arrival at Old Trafford, largely due to niggling knee injuries.

But the 27-year-old told the Manchester Evening News he now feels fully fit.

“The game against Reading was the best and strongest I have felt in weeks,” Hargreaves said. “It was good to be back. I feel positive and optimistic now. I’m looking forward to the next three of four months because I think Manchester United can have a fabulous season. I want to play every game.”

The England international played 45 minutes in Monday night’s exhibition match in Saudi Arabia and appeared to suffer no ill effects. Of course, that game was played at low intensity, a far cry from the rigours of the Barclays Premier League.

“It’s a different environment for me [playing in England],” Hargreaves admitted. “It’s a different climate, there are different pitches, different services and staff at the club to get used to.

“Maybe the body has to get used to all those changes. The physical intensity of the English league may have had something to do with [my injuries at the start of this season]… perhaps I needed to adjust to it, having played in Germany.

“It will be nice from now on to play with the lads day in and day out. At the beginning of the season I would play and then not train all week. That’s no good for anybody.

“I’m really happy to be feeling good again. We have big goals this season and are going to need everyone.”

No comments: