Custom Search

Monday, January 28, 2008

Park sings club's praises

Ji-sung Park has hailed United’s medical staff for their support during his nine-month spell on the sidelines.

The Korea winger admits he spent many “lonely” hours in the gym recovering from his knee injury, but says the club helped him to maintain a positive outlook.

“They encouraged me by making my rehabilitation exciting,” Park told ManUtd.com.

“They said a lot of good things like telling me that I would be back stronger than I had been before. That helped me concentrate on getting back – they really helped a lot.”

Park, who has made four energetic appearances since his Boxing Day comeback, revealed that frequent trips home to Korea also boosted his morale.

“I went home in the summer, and also for two weeks and then another week later," he continued. "That was really nice because it allowed me to see my family and friends. It allowed me to talk a lot and the mentality is very relaxed and quiet, and I felt so good there.

“I then had to come back to Manchester and start the rehabilitation training again, but mentally I was relaxed. That allowed me to concentrate again, so it definitely helped.”

No comments: