Custom Search

Monday, March 10, 2008

Queiroz apologises

Carlos Queiroz has issued an apology for comments he made about a Birmingham City player following United's FA Cup defeat to Portsmouth.

The Reds' assistant manager was voicing his concern about referees not protecting skilful players when he referred to Martin Taylor, the Birmingham defender sent off for a foul on Arsenal striker Eduardo in a much-publicised incident last month.

Queiroz has since reviewed his remarks. He told ManUtd.com today:

"I am deeply sorry if my comments, made when emotions were running high after the Portsmouth game, were misconstrued.

"Everyone at Manchester United knows that Martin Taylor is not that type of player.

"All I sought to say was that in the modern game, because of its speed, we need to have more vigilance on mistimed tackles.

"I apologise for any upset my remarks may have caused.”

No comments: