Custom Search

Monday, April 14, 2008

Grant wants to apply pressure

Chelsea manager Avram Grant is confident that his side can pile the pressure on United by chalking off the Reds' six point lead by Thursday evening.

The second-placed Blues host Wigan on Monday evening before travelling to Everton on Thursday. Two victories would take the Londoners level with United, who are next in action on Saturday at Blackburn, and Grant is clinging to the hope that the champions will get twitchy before the end of the season.

"I believe that nobody is a computer," he said. "Pressure can affect anybody. It can take you forward in a positive way but also you can see that even big players under pressure cannot play like they used to. It can be any team, any player.

"If we win every game I think we will win the title. But it's not easy to win all the games. I said a week ago I didn't believe Man United and Arsenal would do it, it's not easy."

Grant would not be drawn to say that his side is superior to United, but feels that the Premier League title would be fitting reward for a season of upheaval at Stamford Bridge.

"I can't say we are the best in England but I don't think there is a team stronger than us," he said. "It has been a very difficult year and I don't know if other clubs could have done what we have with all the problems we have had. The players know it's a big opportunity and if I may say so, we deserve it after what we had this year."

No comments: