Custom Search

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ronny wants to be Euro king

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed his burning desire to lead Manchester United to Champions League glory this season and emulate the club's European Cup-winning heroes of 1968 and 1999. Sir Alex Ferguson has repeatedly claimed, with some justification, that a club of United's history, stature and vast resources should have more than two European Cups to their name. And after inspiring United to a 2-0 win at Roma - which all but secured their semi-final place - Ronaldo echoed his manager, declaring his aim to deliver the continent's greatest club prize to Old Trafford for a third time. "Many times on television I've watched United winning the Champions League in 1999," said Ronaldo. "It looked incredible and it's something I want to do as well. I was only young at the time, but since then I have watched the match time and time again on TV at my home in Manchester and thought about winning it myself. We have the players to win the European Cup this year, we have the experience and we have the team. So we must have a great chance."
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

No comments: