Custom Search

Friday, June 20, 2008

Ronaldo drops Real hint

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo last night all but admitted that he is looking to leave the European champions for Real Madrid. The 23-year-old finally broke his silence about his club future after Portugal's 3-2 defeat to Germany in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008. "In two or three days' time I will announce my future because the tournament is over for me," he said in Portuguese after the game. "I will speak to Manchester United. I will try to reach an agreement and we will see." "In the coming days there might be news," Ronaldo added. "The possibilities are great, but it does not depend on me.
"I think there is a specific proposal, let's see if we reach agreement in the coming days." Though when asked if he had made a decision regarding a move to Real Madrid, he replied: "No, not yet."
Neil Leigh, Manchester Evening News

No comments: