Custom Search

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I've been hard on Rooney

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted last night: I have made life hard for Wayne Rooney. The Manchester United boss consistently played his England hitman out of position last season as the club won the Premier League and Champions League. Fergie accepts the star’s goal tally suffered as a result. But now the Scot is ready to turn Rooney into a major threat once more by using him as a central striker. Ferguson conceded: “I think I have to take a bit of responsibility. He has sacrificed himself and never complained about it, which says a lot for the lad. We have to define his role a bit better for us. I think his best position is through the middle, either in a front role or tucking in just behind. He can play either role very well. He is aggressive, uses two feet, has good pace and the courage to go in the box. There’s no reason why he can’t get a good supply of goals."
Janine Self, The Sun

No comments: