Custom Search

Monday, July 28, 2008

Rio: I'll be fit for title defence

Rio Ferdinand has brushed off any doubts about his fitness and is certain he will be fully fit for the start of United's Premier League title defence.

Ferdinand has missed much of United's pre-season campaign so far. He has been limited to just one outing - the full 90 minutes against Orlando Pirates in South Africa.

A back strain kept him out of the first match against Kaizer Chiefs, and he did not play in either of this weekends games against Kaizer Chiefs and Portsmouth as he had flown home to be with his partner who is expecting their second child.

But Ferdinand is unperturbed by his lack of playing time so far this summer.

"I don't see it as a problem," he said. "There's enough games to get under my belt before the start of the season.

"Fingers crossed I'll be fit for those. I did ground work before going out to South Africa and I'll do a lot of work in training back at home."

No comments: