Custom Search

Friday, September 26, 2008

Giggs could quit to become a manager

Ryan Giggs claims he may retire at the end of this season and become Sir Alex Ferguson's next managerial protege. The Welshman is in the final year of his deal at Manchester United and does not want to stay if he will only be a bit-part player. Giggs is not prepared to move to another club to prolong his playing career and has decided to quit when he loses his first-team place. "I'm relaxed about my future," said the 34-year-old. "I've this year left on my contract. I'm feeling good at the moment and as long as I feel healthy, I'm getting picked and I still enjoy it, then I'll carry on. If any of those things change, I'll have to consider when I retire and it will be sooner rather than later. Coaching would then be an option and it is a natural progression for a lot of footballers."
David Anderson, Daily Mirror

No comments: