Custom Search

Monday, September 15, 2008

New deal for Kuszczak

Tomasz Kuszczak has signed a two-year extension to his contract at United and thanked Sir Alex Ferguson for showing “trust and support” in his ability.

The 26-year-old goalkeeper, who is now contracted to the club until June 2012, arrived at Old Trafford in August 2006 and made his debut a month later as a substitute against Arsenal.

Tomasz told ManUtd.com: “For the club to offer me an extension when I still have two years left shows the trust and support that I have from the club and Sir Alex.

“I’m so happy as I have had a great time so far here, but there is still so much for me to prove and I want to continue working hard to ensure my position within this great team.”

Sir Alex Ferguson said the deal helps safeguard the strength of United’s goalkeeping ranks for years to come.

“We always like to sit down with all our young players as we want to look ahead and protect our future,” he told us.

“Top goalkeepers are hard to find and I believe we have three of the best here, and by securing Tomasz’s future we can consolidate our own.”

No comments: