Custom Search

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pogatetz sorry over tackle

Emanuel Pogatetz will apologise to Rodrigo Possebon for his horror challenge on the teenager. Possebon, 19, was chasing a ball in Manchester United’s Carling Cup clash with Middlesbrough on Tuesday. But Pog went through him with both feet, sending the Brazilian flying. Possebon had blood running from his leg and had to be given oxygen on the pitch. Boro defender Pogatetz insisted: “I have to say that I went for the tackle because I thought I could win the ball - I now accept, however, that I misjudged the challenge. Immediately after the incident I did not think it was a red-card offence because I did win the ball. But now that I have had the chance to see the tackle on TV, I know the ref was right to send me off. I am going to speak to Rodrigo by telephone and I will apologise for hurting him. I hope he will make a quick recovery.”
Neil Custis, The Sun

No comments: