Custom Search

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

United fans have now forgiven me

Cristiano Ronaldo believes he has been forgiven by Manchester United fans for trying to quit the club. The Portuguese superstar did all he could to engineer a move to Real Madrid this summer. Yet United boss Alex Ferguson stood firm and there has been a very mixed reaction to his return – although not in the player’s eyes. Ronaldo said: “In the game when I came back against Villarreal I wasn’t nervous but just a bit excited to see how the fans would react to me. Thank God things went well. This shows people have not forgotten all the good things we’ve done together and I’m very happy with that.” Ronaldo has still to win over many hardcore Red Devils fans. But he believes they will come round if he can repeat last season’s feat of 42 goals as United claimed both the Premier League and Champions League titles. “Things are going pretty well. I’d love a repeat of last season and continue to show some good progression.”
Neil Custis, The Sun

No comments: