Custom Search

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rio wants to make history

Rio Ferdinand insists he will view his career as a failure if he does not add to the three Premier League titles and Champions League crown he has won with Manchester United. Ferdinand's status as an Old Trafford legend is assured but the defender, who turns 30 on Friday, is far from satisfied. "I won't be looking back yet," said Ferdinand. "But if I get to the end of my career and have only won the trophies I currently have, I'd be disappointed. I want to win more. I'm greedy. You have to be in this sport to try and achieve anything. I would not be happy to just have this. It's realistic to think we can win the Champions League again this season, because we have fantastic players. We've added Dimitar Berbatov - he's a fantastic player - and we have a very talented squad if everyone stays fit."
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

No comments: