Custom Search

Friday, October 5, 2007

Carrick staying positive


Michael Carrick admits his fractured elbow has come at a bad time, but says he is staying positive and focusing on his recovery.

The midfielder sustained the injury in the second half of United's Champions League victory over Roma on Tuesday.

He is likely to be out of action for around six weeks, missing crucial matches for both United and England.

"It's hard to take, but it happens," he told Manchester United Radio. "Injuries are a part of football and it's something I have to deal with and try to get back as soon as possible.

"When I first did it, I knew I'd done something. I didn't know how bad it was but I couldn't really move it too much and it was very painful. So when I did find out it was broken it wasn't too much of a shock.

"I have to rest for a few weeks now. I'll be out for four to six weeks. I'd say six weeks and anything less is a bonus.

"I'm very disappointed because I was really enjoying my football," he adds. "I don't want to miss any games, especially big games like the England ones coming up.

"It's the business end of the qualification and it's a blow there. Nevertheless, it's happened and I have to deal with it and come back fresh again."

No comments: