Custom Search

Monday, October 15, 2007

'Lion' Tevez thanks Sir Alex

Carlos Tevez feels he is settling in to life at Old Trafford thanks to Sir Alex Ferguson and his team-mates making him feel at home.

Tevez has gradually settled into United's team and the 23-year-old is now proving a big hit with fans for being skilful and tenacious in equal measure. Goals against Chelsea and Wigan are merely confirmation of his arrival on the big stage.

"The help I've had from Sir Alex is very important," he told The Sun. "I know he has total belief in me and I'm very grateful to him. Sir Alex knows a lot about football and I'm learning from him. He makes me feel relaxed and valued."

The Reds boss described the Argentina striker as being "brave as a lion", but it isn't just his courageousness that has drawn such comparisons. "He called me a lion, and he's started doing it at training as well," revealed Tevez. "I turn up just after getting out of bed with my hair all messed up. And when my hair is like that, I look like a lion apparently!”

His team-mates have also provided inspiration on the pitch and support off it. "When I look around the dressing room and see my team-mates, I realise I'm at one of the most important clubs in the world,” he added. “That's a dream come true.

"The most surprising thing about the squad is even though all the players are stars, they're all really humble and good people. I've now got various friends in the squad like Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. I'm doing quite well with my English now. I understand the boss and my team-mates perfectly."

No comments: