Custom Search

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ronaldo: I'm here to stay

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is here to stay for as long as the club want him.

As one of the best players in the world, the 22-year-old has understandably attracted interest from clubs across the globe. But he insists he is happy in Manchester.

"Sometimes in the past I have thought about other clubs but I took a decision to stay because this is the right place for me," he said at the launch of his new book, 'Moments.'

"When the club say they don't want me anymore is only when I will leave. I enjoy my life here.

"I have everything I need at this club, it's fantastic. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, only God. But at the moment I am at the right club and I enjoy my life here."

After a superb campaign last season when he cleaned up in the personal award stakes, Ronaldo is continually looking to improve his game. He feels he is at the perfect club to do this and says he is living his dream.

"This is the right club for me in every way - the people, the players, the fans, everything," he insists. "Everything has been fantastic for me.
"I've enjoyed playing for this club for the last five years and I want to keep going. I want to stay and be part of the history of this club.

"I never thought I would one day play for Manchester United. It's a dream come true. I've grown up very quickly and I feel very proud to be playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

After helping the Reds reclaim the title last season, Ronaldo admits his ultimate dream would be to lift the European Cup in Moscow next May.

The Reds currently sit top of Group F after securing consecutive 1-0 victories over Sporting Lisbon and Roma in their opening two matches and the winger hopes United can keep their winning form going all the way through to the final.

"Winning the Premier League was a great feeling, but my dream this season is to win the Champions League," he declared. "We have the players to do it, we have everything. So why not?"

No comments: