Custom Search

Monday, November 10, 2008

Welbeck is raring to go

Welbeck did everything but score on his United debut in the 3-1 Carling Cup third round win over Middlesbrough. Now, he’s looking to build on that display against Queens Park Rangers.

Sir Alex intends to start the 17-year-old striker against Rangers on Tuesday at OT. Danny is keen to avenge a missed chance against Boro, when goalkeeper Brad Jones denied him at the start of the second half.

“I’ve seen the replay and I could maybe have done better," he tells United Review. "It was a good save, but scoring on my debut would have been perfect.

“I’m just looking forward to the next chance I get - hopefully against QPR. We’re wary of the threat they pose. It’ll be tough because they’ll be at us from the first whistle. I’ve watched a few of QPR’s games this season and they look decent, but we’re ready to go – whoever plays.”

No comments: