Custom Search

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Christiano Ronaldo Interview

United wing wizard explains why he'd gladly swap personal awards for team glory...

Are you pleased with your form this season?
I try to improve and this season has been even better than the last. People say I need to perform better in big games; I respect that opinion, but I don’t feel I need to prove anything to anyone. I’m pleased with my progress, but I believe this United squad is the best I’ve been involved in. It’s more consistent and more mature.

In recent seasons you bet Sir Alex you’d score 15 goals; now you have 36...
That’s true! I’m happy with the improvement. I’m a better player now than I was a year ago and definitely better than when I first came here. I hope that continues. Why have I scored more goals this season? It’s hard to say, I’ve just had more chances.

Do you have a favourite goal from this season?
I enjoyed my header against Roma away. That was very satisfying. But I like the free kicks against Portsmouth, Bolton and Sunderland. It’s hard to pick one.

Were you proud to beat George Best’s 32 goals in a season from midfield?
I don’t really want to break anybody’s record – I feel bad! I’ve seen tapes of George Best playing and he was absolutely fantastic. It’s a wonderful record to hold.

You’re tipped to win numerous Player of the Year awards again this year…
It’s nice to be recognised, but if I had the choice of winning, say, the Champions League or the Golden Boot, I’d pick the Champions League every time.

No comments: