Custom Search

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Neville ready to play his part

Gary Neville is looking forward to playing his part in United's season finale after making a successful return to first team action in the win over Roma.

The defender stepped onto the Old Trafford turf on Wednesday night for the first in over a year having been sidelined by injury.

The skipper was given a rapturous reception by the United faithful when he entered the fray on 81 minutes and he's relishing the challenges that lie ahead.

"Missing the end of last season was bad. I missed the Champions League quarters and semis, the Championship run-in and the FA Cup final so it's good to be back to help the team now," he told MUTV.

“People kept asking me when I was coming back and it was a bit embarrassing, I’d try and give them a date and then it wouldn’t materialise. But the fans have always supported me and gave me a good reception when I came on."

The victory over the Italians has set up a mouthwatering clash with Barcelona in the last four and Neville is expecting a memorable encounter.

"They're two unbelievable games to look forward to," he enthused. "Two clubs who play the game the right way. It'll be an unbelievable occasion to be a part of."

No comments: